Urban Youth Collaborative Program
Each year, the Urban Youth Collaborative Program (UYCP) provides young people from all over the state with hands-on opportunities in a fun and interactive setting in the human services field. It is with the hope that this will inspire students to ultimately pursue a career in human services.
The Urban Youth Collaborative Program (UYCP) places interns in provider agencies, state-operated programs, and developmental centers across the commonwealth in full-time summer jobs providing support to individuals with intellectual disabilities through a variety of internship opportunities in different departments in the agencies. The program was designed to create collaboration opportunities and offer young adults valuable insights into the human services industry. There are a variety of departments that interns can choose to work in.
- Human Resources
- Community Based Day Services (CBDS)
- Day Habilitation
- Brain Injury Services
- Autism Services
This paid 10-week summer internship program operates from June to August, with potential opportunities for extension beyond this period. Discover new skills, foster your development, and get paid for your valuable contributions. The program opens doors to numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
- Attend a comprehensive orientation, and participate and receive on-the-job training and peer support.
- Gain actual work experience while being mentored and supervised by experienced, professional Incompass staff.
- Earn CPR and First Aid certifications and get introductory training in a variety of therapeutic areas including understanding developmental disabilities, teaching techniques, sensory programming, communication approaches, and positive behavior supports.
- Complete a course at Middlesex Community College, earning 3 college credits.
This program was truly life-changing for me in multiple ways. Not only did I have the opportunity to meet wonderful staff members and closely befriend fellow interns, but I was able to interact with incredibly unique individuals. It is to the point where I feel like three months is almost too short.
I have loved my time in this program and learned many life lessons and skills. I’m so grateful for this opportunity; there’s nothing better than being excited to go to work every day.
Contact the Care Champion Office.
Like what you hear? Intrigued by the possibilities of joining our team? Have something on your mind? Our Recruiter Geri-Lyn Noble loves hearing from prospective Care Champions! Give her a call at 978-349-3043.