The Moderna Vaccine
Long Term Pharmacy is administering the Moderna vaccine to Incompass Care Champions during all of our clinics.
Moderna Vaccine Information
We know there is a lot of information out there on the vaccine and even some misinformation. Here are the basics:
- The Moderna vaccine is more than 94% effective at preventing the virus.
- The vaccine has two doses, with the booster shot coming one month after the first.
- The second dose provides a potent boost that gives people strong, long-lasting immunity.
- The injection into your arm won’t feel any different than any other vaccine, but the rate of short-lived side effects does appear higher than a flu shot. (However, these experiences are a good sign that your immune system is mounting a response to the vaccine to provide long-lasting immunity.)
- The side effects including pain, headache, and fatigue, should go away in a few days.